Thread: Got Un-perm banned today

1. #1 Got Un-perm banned today 
    Developer

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    After 3 years of being falsely banned, and making this http://prntscr.com/g38lyq , my main was finally unbanned. they are currently doing a trial appeal thing which actually seems to work. and just after i lost all hope in fagex..
    here's a picture of my ban meter + the botting offences that were at one point on the account. http://prntscr.com/g38nrx

So if you have a falsely banned account, you can get it back now.

Also another side note, i was also Perm-Muted (which actually was my own fault) but they did something back in 2009 or 2010 and removed some black marks from accounts. With 30+ offences mostly due to language, and a few item scamming mutes back in 07 ("trimming armor"), i really didn't expect to see the account again.

Attached image
    Spoiler for vouches(20+):

Extreme Donator Got Un-perm banned today Market Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Link to this?

Ex Rune-Scaper

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    How do you get falsely banned for macroing?

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    what bot were you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman8192 View Post
    Keep trying. Quitting is the only true failure.
    Spoiler for skrrrrr:

Attached image

Developer

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by nshusa View Post
    How do you get falsely banned for macroing?
    No idea, i quit for about a year. came back to that. i left around June, several months before the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Smite View Post
    Link to this?
    Link to what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyluur View Post
    what bot were you using?
    None lol, hence why i was unbanned. i quit for about a year (starting in june, some months before the ban). jagex did not look at those sort of bans as players are expected to keep their accounts secure. if something happens, it's our responsibility. they recenty added some new trial thing when recovering account somewhere on their site, tried it out not thinking it'd work but it did.

Edit: I just always assumed i was hacked and the account was used to advertise or something. i've never seen a macro ban for a bot bust, but i could be wrong.

Attached image

Ex Rune-Scaper

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    No idea, i quit for about a year. came back to that. i left around June, several months before the ban.

Link to what?

None lol, hence why i was unbanned. i quit for about a year (starting in june, some months before the ban). jagex did not look at those sort of bans as players are expected to keep their accounts secure. if something happens, it's our responsibility. they recenty added some new trial thing when recovering account somewhere on their site, tried it out not thinking it'd work but it did.

Edit: I just always assumed i was hacked and the account was used to advertise or something. i've never seen a macro ban for a bot bust, but i could be wrong.
    I bet you sold your account and recovered it a year later.

Developer

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by nshusa View Post
    I bet you sold your account and recovered it a year later.
    You didnt even look at the pictures if you thought i sold it. Of course there would be idiots like you posting lol. Im not trying to prove anything to anyone, im js if your account is wrongfully banned (which mine was) you can get it back now. Jagex did not look at these sort of offenses back then, which im almost positive i said already. if you were just here for the post count, you'd understand. Believe it, dont believe it. I could care less.

You can clearly see the "macroing major" ban in the picture which is a perm ban. If i botted and they had evidence it was infact me on the account, i wouldnt be getting it back.

Attached image

Renown Programmer
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Lol exact same problem, tried that, didnt work

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I got banned in 2009 for botting, I watched it get banned it was spam clicking in circles while cutting yews, like 2 months ago I did the appeal thing I found on reddit and got unbanned and my stats and cash wasn't touched.

https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-...9-Account-Bans

Extreme Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I love gravedigging, anyway, same thing with me, got banned back in september 2011, then found some link on the RS website, and appealed, I got this reply:

Mod Ferret (RuneScape)
    18 Jul, 13:19 UTC

Hi Mortenrb,

You're receiving this email as you've recently appealed a ban on the account with the login name: {Hidden}

After a comprehensive review of this account, there is no evidence to suggest the ban was applied in error and normally would not return this account to play.

However we recognise that people change and as significant time has passed, in this extremely rare case we believe you may have learned from your previous mistakes so would like to offer you one, final opportunity to continue playing this account, on the understanding that you read, understand, and follow the RuneScape rules.

As described in our terms and conditions the account creator is responsible for the account's behaviour, and we will apply any future penalties no matter who is playing at that time. Extenuating circumstances will not lead to the removal of a penalty, so to avoid any doubt we strongly advise you follow our guides on account security to prevent this from happening.

If you already have access to the account you can continue playing as normal.

If you do not have access to the account, visit our support centre for more information on:
    Recovering an account
    Common email issues

*Please note: This message has been sent from an email address that does not accept incoming mail. If you need further help, check out our online support centre.*
    Mod Ferret
    Jagex Customer Support

Thread Information