Thread: Rip oshd

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Of course it not reusing old assets... It was require new assets b/c its a higher revision. I'm speculating that the new people working on osrs have no clue what they are doing, b/c even their "new" items are just old items that are recolored, or just slightly re-designed. "Make sure it works for everyone" is also just completely a weird statement because there is only 1 "official" game engine/client that you download from their website, so it would be fine for everyone.
    the assets is the current assets stored within the cache, the only difference is that the client has hardware rendering support, same thing osbuddy is trying to do. the fact they've taken a high revision client made it work with osrs and then think jobs done, let the $ stack up is beyond absurd. this is an entirely different client, not like osbuddy which injects code into the existing gamepack.

how could jagex ever trust these people? they didn't even think of trying to contact them with the idea to begin with, instead wasted 2 years apparently.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    or heavily modify their product to fit consumer demands/needs.
    I think we all know how that turned out the last time they attempted that, #fuckeoc

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    the assets is the current assets stored within the cache, the only difference is that the client has hardware rendering support, same thing osbuddy is trying to do. the fact they've taken a high revision client made it work with osrs and then think jobs done, let the $ stack up is beyond absurd. this is an entirely different client, not like osbuddy which injects code into the existing gamepack.

how could jagex ever trust these people? they didn't even think of trying to contact them with the idea to begin with, instead wasted 2 years apparently.
    I'm not arguing that this was a bad move by jagex at all; all I am saying is Jagex should take a push to re-create these concepts & ideas in-house for their own game engine; & if they themselves cannot do it, to hire a software engineering consulting firm to do it. -> Reinvesting in their company

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I'm not arguing that this was a bad move by jagex at all; all I am saying is Jagex should take a push to re-create these concepts & ideas in-house for their own game engine; & if they themselves cannot do it, to hire a software engineer consulting firm to do it. -> Reinvesting in their company
    well osbuddy already has and they're basically ex jagex members, so its not like they couldn't.

5. Thankful users:

Blurite

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Of course it not reusing old assets... It requires new assets b/c its a higher & multiple revisions. I'm speculating that the new people working on osrs have no clue what they are doing, b/c even their "new" items are just old items that are recolored, or just slightly re-designed. "Make sure it works for everyone" is also just a completely weird statement because there is only 1 "official" game engine/client that you download from their website, so it would be fine for everyone. They have millions of dollars in revenue & are not reinvesting in their company/product, which is a sign of maturity in their product life-cycle, and post maturity is decline (which rs has already begun seeing), so the only way for them to "revive" "runescape" as a whole, is to come up with a new product, or heavily modify their product to fit consumer demands/needs.
    Your ignorance irks me.

I'm speculating that the new people working on osrs have no clue what they are doing, b/c even their "new" items are just old items that are recolored, or just slightly re-designed.
    post maturity is decline (which rs has already begun seeing), so the only way for them to "revive" "runescape" as a whole, is to come up with a new product, or heavily modify their product to fit consumer demands/needs.
    The guys over at OSRS know exactly what they're doing, which is the entire reason why OSRS has overtaken RS3 in average playcount (proof).
    Everything is polled, they don't just chuck in whatever they want.

"Make sure it works for everyone" is also just a completely weird statement because there is only 1 "official" game engine/client that you download from their website, so it would be fine for everyone.
    That's because they have to make sure it works for everyone

They have millions of dollars in revenue & are not reinvesting in their company/product
    Deadman mode.
    RuneFest (actually makes them a net loss overall).
    Attached image

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Your ignorance irks me.

The guys over at OSRS know exactly what they're doing, which is the entire reason why OSRS has overtaken RS3 in average playcount (proof).
    Everything is polled, they don't just chuck in whatever they want.

That's because they make sure it works for everyone

Deadman mode.
    RuneFest (actually makes them a net loss overall).
    what.... "Your ignorance irks me." loooooool . Runescape as a service is in the maturity/decline phase & anyone who doesn't recognize that is foolish. Total organic active Runescape user count has declined rapidly. It's not 2006-2009 anymore where rs is the "hot" thing, far from it.

& then on your statement that it produces them a net-loss. You know expenses and revenue are calculated before net income right? Companies operate in losses all the time, go look at Amazon whom for 10 years, never made a dollar in profit, (now they are b/c of AWS) but are the 3rd largest company in the world. Reinvesting in a company goes into R&D which is calculated after gross profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    well osbuddy already has and they're basically ex jagex members, so its not like they couldn't.

Exactly, Jagex is beyond capable of it, they are the ones who created the game anyways.

Blurite

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Runescape as a service is in the maturity/decline phase & anyone who doesn't recognize that is foolish. Total organic active Runescape user count has declined rapidly. It's not 2006-2009 anymore where rs is the "hot" thing, far from it.
    Times change, RuneScape used to be an incredible game in it's time.
    "Total organic active Runescape user count has declined rapidly" is far from the truth; if anything I would argue the total active user count has risen then dropped slowly, staying around a certain level dipping up and down but remaining around that level, see here.
    You don't base your current success on how you did 8+ years ago, times change, society changes.

& then on your statement that it produces them a net-loss. You know expenses and revenue are calculated before net income right?
    I know what net-loss means. Jagex lose money on RuneFest even after all the ticket sales - they count it as 'advertising'.

Exactly, Jagex is beyond capable of it, they are the ones who created the game anyways.
    Can they do it? Yes of course they can.
    Can they do it in a reasonable amount of time? Probably not.
    Attached image

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Times change, RuneScape used to be an incredible game in it's time.
    "Total organic active Runescape user count has declined rapidly" is far from the truth; if anything I would argue the total active user count has risen then dropped slowly, staying around a certain level dipping up and down but remaining around that level, see here.
    You don't base your current success on how you did 8+ years ago, times change, society changes.

I know what net-loss means. Jagex lose money on RuneFest even after all the ticket sales - they count it as 'advertising'.

Can they do it? Yes of course they can.
    Can they do it in a reasonable amount of time? Probably not.
    lol................I'm done with you Jagex had 250k+ daily at its peak, they are barely hitting 100k now. You clearly have not read all of my posts clearly; I have no idea why you are trying to argue with me

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    what.... "Your ignorance irks me." loooooool . Runescape as a service is in the maturity/decline phase & anyone who doesn't recognize that is foolish. Total organic active Runescape user count has declined rapidly. It's not 2006-2009 anymore where rs is the "hot" thing, far from it.

& then on your statement that it produces them a net-loss. You know expenses and revenue are calculated before net income right? Companies operate in losses all the time, go look at Amazon whom for 10 years, never made a dollar in profit, (now they are b/c of AWS) but are the 3rd largest company in the world. Reinvesting in a company goes into R&D which is calculated after gross profit.

You're spewing basic economics as if you know what you're talking about. I also don't agree with anything you're saying, mostly because you're trying to sound like a know it all. I'm sure you're very smart with your basic-level knowledge (literally as if you were a first-year dropout), however I actually don't think you know what you're talking about as far as Jagex/Runescapes interests go.

11. Thankful user:

Blurite

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    lol................I'm done with you Jagex had 250k+ daily at its peak, they are barely hitting 100k now. You clearly have not read all of my posts clearly; I have no idea why you are trying to argue with me
    Because everyone who played back then has grown up.
    As I said: society changes, people's interest in games change.
    Back then there weren't many massive games, nowadays there are a plethora of games and huge games companies.

The idea of RuneScape has aged, but it's still around. Just because it isn't hitting the player counts it used to doesn't mean it's not succeeding.
    Attached image

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information