Thread: Rip oshd

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I dont understand how Jagex can't incorporate these concepts into their game engine, but an rsps can have multi-revision, but a multi-million dollar company can't hire some engineer to do it? Runescape is going to die out in a couple years

2. Thankful user:

Extreme Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrowin View Post
    OSHD refusing to show Jagex developers any of the client code tells me one of two things: (1) there's something malicious within the client that they don't want Jagex to see, such as the keylogger mentioning, or (2) the client really was supposed to be a bot/cheat client in some sort. There's no other plausible reason that I can think of. How I see it, having your code recognized by Jagex would be quite the accomplishment, not a sleight.
    Or it's just the simple fact that the client has tons of stolen stuff (cache files such (e.g models, anims etc) and code) which is obviously illegal.
    Imagine stealing someones work and then emailing them it, lmao?
    [Today 01:29 AM] RSTrials: Nice 0.97 Win/Loss Ratio luke. That's pretty bad.
    [Today 01:30 AM] Luke132: Ok u fucking moron i forgot i could influence misc.random

Donator
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by GERQ View Post
    Not sure why this oshd client was so hyped for. just because its hd doesn't make the game better, you can just look at your-self in hd.
    That's kind of the point lmao... To observe the HD graphics.

5. Thankful user:

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrowin View Post
    (2) the client really was supposed to be a bot/cheat client in some sort.
    This is my thought process and I'd like to point out, that most people don't realize how much money that could potentially bring in doing this avenue as well.

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    yes jagex here is the 500+(think its 600 and something) revision client that we stole from you and made connect to osrs

8. Thankful users:

Extreme Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    yes jagex here is the 500+(think its 600 and something) revision client that we stole from you and made connect to osrs
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    Or it's just the simple fact that the client has tons of stolen stuff (cache files such (e.g models, anims etc) and code) which is obviously illegal.
    Imagine stealing someones work and then emailing them it, lmao?

exactly
    [Today 01:29 AM] RSTrials: Nice 0.97 Win/Loss Ratio luke. That's pretty bad.
    [Today 01:30 AM] Luke132: Ok u fucking moron i forgot i could influence misc.random

10. Thankful user:

'Slutty McFur'

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Jagex must've seen A Friend's video and/or other footage of using the client, it was pretty obvious they were using Jagex's assets, so surely they wouldn't be surprised about that?

Spoiler for wat:
    Attached image
    Attached image

Attached image

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Jagex must've seen A Friend's video and/or other footage of using the client, it was pretty obvious they were using Jagex's assets, so surely they wouldn't be surprised about that?
    of cause they're using the cache, it's the client itself they'd be interested in. by handing it over they'd be opening a can of worms, ie admitting to copyright infringement. not sure how the project owners ever thought this was going to be a thing tbh. specially profiting from it, osbuddy has always been in their pocket and that wont change any time soon.

13. Thankful user:

Blurite

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I dont understand how Jagex can't incorporate these concepts into their game engine, but an rsps can have multi-revision, but a multi-million dollar company can't hire some engineer to do it? Runescape is going to die out in a couple years
    If it was that easy don't you think they would've done it? Lol

They've said before that it's not as easy as just reusing old assets, they have to make sure it works for everyone and they can't just half-arse it together like how it's being done on private servers
    Attached image

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    If it was that easy don't you think they would've done it? Lol

They've said before that it's not as easy as just reusing old assets, they have to make sure it works for everyone and they can't just half-arse it together like how it's being done on private servers
    Of course it not reusing old assets... It requires new assets b/c its a higher & multiple revisions. I'm speculating that the new people working on osrs have no clue what they are doing, b/c even their "new" items are just old items that are recolored, or just slightly re-designed. "Make sure it works for everyone" is also just a completely weird statement because there is only 1 "official" game engine/client that you download from their website, so it would be fine for everyone. They have millions of dollars in revenue & are not reinvesting in their company/product, which is a sign of maturity in their product life-cycle, and post maturity is decline (which rs has already begun seeing), so the only way for them to "revive" "runescape" as a whole, is to come up with a new product, or heavily modify their product to fit consumer demands/needs.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information