Thread: karl marx vs adam smith ufc 249

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74
  1. #61  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanks given
    998
    Thanks received
    634
    Rep Power
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Scu11 View Post
    fire cape pulling his back out with the logical stretches he's pulling. no surprise tho
    Dunno what this even means are u alright ?

    What bit specifically do you think was stretching?

    Edit: Nice to see Scu is now choosing not to engage with me for fear of further embarrassing himself.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #62  
    brady goat
    Women's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks given
    478
    Thanks received
    756
    Rep Power
    1028
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Cape View Post
    Dunno what this even means are u alright ?

    What bit specifically do you think was stretching?

    Edit: Nice to see Scu is now choosing not to engage with me for fear of further embarrassing himself.
    lmao kk

    i'm interested to know what your definition of animal exploitation would be?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #63  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanks given
    998
    Thanks received
    634
    Rep Power
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Women View Post
    lmao kk

    i'm interested to know what your definition of animal exploitation would be?
    Mistreatment of animals amounting to deliberate infliction of pain for the purpose of satisfaction or just psychopathy. I don't see how raising a farm animal who would otherwise die more painfully anyway or get raped by a bull meets this definition. Kicking a cat or shooting a tiger for its skin however does. So i'd consider hunting / fur trade to be 'exploitation' but not farming of domesticated animals that would otherwise die off anyway.

    * I am against factory farms and all that though. I do consider that exploitation.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. Thankful user:


  5. #64  
    brady goat
    Women's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks given
    478
    Thanks received
    756
    Rep Power
    1028
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Cape View Post
    Mistreatment of animals amounting to deliberate infliction of pain for the purpose of satisfaction or just psychopathy.
    that's animal abuse, not animal exploitation. There is no benefit from that, unless satisfaction is somehow a benefit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Cape View Post
    I don't see how raising a farm animal who would otherwise die more painfully anyway or get raped by a bull meets this definition.
    How can you say that an animal would die more painfully or get raped? It's not a foregone conclusion, and in fact they have much more of an opportunity to live a nice & pleasurable life if they're not raised on a farm.

    However if they are raised on a factory farm it is basically 100% guaranteed that they will die painfully, live in horrible conditions, and suffer from physical and emotional distress.

    I don't think you fully understand what factory farmed animals go through. You clearly have a misconception of what their lives are like. There are no pleasures for them. Let's look at what you've said previously:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Cape View Post
    Perhaps you should actually go see what a farm is like and not just some dodgy factory farm but one where animals are actually being looked after? Idk really know what to say to someone who thinks 'cows are raped' is a real thing. It's artificial insemination and it's about as 'cruel' as the person doing it. I think you need to come off the vegan bandwagon and look at the practical realities of how animals live on farms and what their lives would be like if they didn't (hint most of them would not even exist)
    maybe YOU should go to a farm and see what it's like. They're all dodgy, and the animals are not looked after. You're living in fairytale land if you think anything like that.

    You want to see the realities of the situation? here you go!



    but I get where you're coming from dude, it's hard to accept these realities because it is so awful.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #65  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanks given
    998
    Thanks received
    634
    Rep Power
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Women View Post
    that's animal abuse, not animal exploitation. There is no benefit from that, unless satisfaction is somehow a benefit.



    How can you say that an animal would die more painfully or get raped? It's not a foregone conclusion, and in fact they have much more of an opportunity to live a nice & pleasurable life if they're not raised on a farm.

    However if they are raised on a farm it is basically 100% guaranteed that they will die painfully, live in horrible conditions, and suffer from physical and emotional distress.

    I don't think you fully understand what factory farmed animals go through. You clearly have a misconception of what their lives are like. There are no pleasures for them. Let's look at what you've said previously:



    maybe YOU should go to a farm and see what it's like. They're all dodgy, and they're not looked after. You're living in fairytale land if you think anything like that.

    You want to see the realities of the situation? here you go!

    Yes and I think the term 'exploitation' leads too much to abuse, which I resent the implication of. I think some 'exploitation' (in so far as we define it as benefiting us) is perfectly okay if done humanely, for example the fact we exploit pets for social issues like loneliness.

    I do agree that factory farms are horrendous, no animal should live in terrible conditions. However what I am saying is not every farm is like that. Most farms where there are existing animal welfare laws are not like that. The wild is not an ideal either. You say that cows are raped. They are artificially inseminated. In the wild they ARE raped, by bulls. Which is better for them?

    Yes I have seen videos like that online, they look terrible. Abuses happen in any profession. Now visit one in person, you will obviously think factory farms are terrible (they are) but private farms where animals are cared for? What's wrong with that?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #66  
    brady goat
    Women's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks given
    478
    Thanks received
    756
    Rep Power
    1028
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Cape View Post
    Yes and I think the term 'exploitation' leads too much to abuse, which I resent the implication of.
    ok who cares lol. You just trying to make yourself feel better, but I understand that. It's hard for u to accept harsh realities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Cape View Post
    I think some 'exploitation' (in so far as we define it as benefiting us) is perfectly okay if done humanely, for example the fact we exploit pets for social issues like loneliness.
    it's not done humanely. Idk how the fuck u raise an animal for the sole purpose of exploiting it, and then somehow kill it nice and peacefully even tho the animal doesn't want to die.

    "humane slaughter" is just a marketing scheme and u fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Cape View Post
    I do agree that factory farms are horrendous, no animal should live in terrible conditions. However what I am saying is not every farm is like that. Most farms where there are existing animal welfare laws are not like that. The wild is not an ideal either. You say that cows are raped. They are artificially inseminated. In the wild they ARE raped, by bulls. Which is better for them?
    99% of farms are like this. Show me a farm that's not like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Cape View Post
    The wild is not an ideal either. You say that cows are raped. They are artificially inseminated. In the wild they ARE raped, by bulls. Which is better for them?
    The wild is ideal for wild animals. Artificial insemination is rape. I'm pretty sure a cow doesn't want a fist full of bull jizz shoved up their ass. It would be odd for anyone or anything to consent to that.

    Ur argument is literally "cows get raped sometimes, so it's okay to rape them"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #67  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanks given
    998
    Thanks received
    634
    Rep Power
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Women View Post
    ok who cares lol. You just trying to make yourself feel better, but I understand that. It's hard for u to accept harsh realities.



    it's not done humanely. Idk how the fuck u raise an animal for the sole purpose of exploiting it, and then somehow kill it nice and peacefully even tho the animal doesn't want to die.

    "humane slaughter" is just a marketing scheme and u fell for it hook, line, and sinker.



    99% of farms are like this. Show me a farm that's not like this.



    The wild is ideal for wild animals. Artificial insemination is rape. I'm pretty sure a cow doesn't want a fist full of bull jizz shoved up their ass. It would be odd for anyone or anything to consent to that.

    Ur argument is literally "cows get raped sometimes, so it's okay to rape them"
    My argument is that cows have no concept of consensual sex anyway. To speak of rape in this context is not very appropriate.

    How is it hard for you to understand that a farmer cares about the well being of their animals? If the animals die prematurely they lose money, they have an investment in animal welfare. There are of course some farms that do operate terribly and these should be shutdown but it is not representative of all of them.

    I live by the country, I have visited many farms. I know people who work on farms. Your perception of farms is completely clouded by vegan propaganda...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #68  
    brady goat
    Women's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks given
    478
    Thanks received
    756
    Rep Power
    1028
    vegan propaganda lmfao but my perception is completely clouded??

    kk

    fyi babies don't have a concept of consensual sex. Is it okay to rape babies? ur a dummy bro.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #69  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanks given
    998
    Thanks received
    634
    Rep Power
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Women View Post
    vegan propaganda lmfao but my perception is completely clouded??

    kk

    fyi babies don't have a concept of consensual sex. Is it okay to rape babies? ur a dummy bro
    lmao comparing babies to cows and acting like the logic is the same

    bulls don't rape babies in the wild

    vegan propaganda much
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #70  
    brady goat
    Women's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks given
    478
    Thanks received
    756
    Rep Power
    1028
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


User Tag List

Similar Threads

  1. Star wars kid vs Agent Smith
    By Zaki in forum Humor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
  2. Ufc Vs Wwe
    By KottonMouthKings#1Stoner in forum Sports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 08:42 AM
  3. Lyoto vs. Shogun (UFC) Review
    By Underoath in forum Sports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 11:47 PM
  4. Stu vs Karlis
    By Stuie in forum General
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •