Thread: Dreamscape made 13m$+

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21  
    HYBRID JEFE
    Brett the Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanks given
    254
    Thanks received
    297
    Rep Power
    575
    I mean if they made 13m I think they'd post some showoff of some new Ferraris, or a HQ like soul split had & REALLY 13 MILLION?

    All of humanity's problems stem from man's
    inability to sit quietly in a room by himself
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Highroller


    Thakiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,900
    Thanks given
    1,906
    Thanks received
    2,887
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwned901 View Post
    wait what u think dreamscape is just a horribly programmed well our base is but our over all code is good and please stop thinking that we just leech shit ive been making them the most custom stuff in this scene when u can reach that level u can start complaining ur ass off not to mention our minigames and how we do things u have no clue about it and ur talking..

    Lmao what? "Our overall code is good" what does that even mean? What is "overall code"? Dreamscape is just another dime a dozen RSPS that happened to fund more into advertising thus achieving a higher playerbase. You aren't unique, you aren't special nor extraordinarily talented developers, you guys are advertisers of generic content, lmfao. You're just a shittier, less popular version of Soulsplit, Ikov, and Elkoy or whatever the latest shtick is.

    I do have a clue, cause I've spent 12.5 years in this community. You guys are nothing unique, you just capitalized on advertising. People think coding these extravagant minigames and bosses and all these flashy things is what gets them players but it's just simply not how it works nor has it worked that way since pre-2010 RSPS. You can lie and tell me you guys did all this and programmed all that but let's accept the reality - you guys scraped together a bunch of poorly made minigames/quests/bosses/whatever seems catchy to RSPS players, diarrhea'd them out onto your game, pretended they were a viable selling point while you guys ran around dumping money into ads to *actually* get some players. I'm sure they're of decent and at least passable quality, but what Dreamscape has is nothing special.

    I mean it's pretty obvious Dreamscape made nowhere in the vicinity of anywhere remotely close on any measurable scale to $13 million, but anybody with a brainstem and.. $500? maybe? in initial investment into advertisements can slap up a server and snowball a large playerbase thus turning a profit. It's not rocket science, people are just that dumb. And I'm not knocking you guys for that, I'm genuinely surprised this community is stupid enough to dump money into such poor overall content; but pretending that you guys are something special is pitiful, lmao. We all know how it actually works.
    Reply With Quote  
     


  3. #23  
    Registered Member
    Pwned901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    565
    Thanks given
    28
    Thanks received
    91
    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Thakiller View Post
    Lmao what? "Our overall code is good" what does that even mean? What is "overall code"? Dreamscape is just another dime a dozen RSPS that happened to fund more into advertising thus achieving a higher playerbase. You aren't unique, you aren't special nor extraordinarily talented developers, you guys are advertisers of generic content, lmfao. You're just a shittier, less popular version of Soulsplit, Ikov, and Elkoy or whatever the latest shtick is.

    I do have a clue, cause I've spent 12.5 years in this community. You guys are nothing unique, you just capitalized on advertising. People think coding these extravagant minigames and bosses and all these flashy things is what gets them players but it's just simply not how it works nor has it worked that way since pre-2010 RSPS. You can lie and tell me you guys did all this and programmed all that but let's accept the reality - you guys scraped together a bunch of poorly made minigames/quests/bosses/whatever seems catchy to RSPS players, diarrhea'd them out onto your game, pretended they were a viable selling point while you guys ran around dumping money into ads to *actually* get some players. I'm sure they're of decent and at least passable quality, but what Dreamscape has is nothing special.

    I mean it's pretty obvious Dreamscape made nowhere in the vicinity of anywhere remotely close on any measurable scale to $13 million, but anybody with a brainstem and.. $500? maybe? in initial investment into advertisements can slap up a server and snowball a large playerbase thus turning a profit. It's not rocket science, people are just that dumb. And I'm not knocking you guys for that, I'm genuinely surprised this community is stupid enough to dump money into such poor overall content; but pretending that you guys are something special is pitiful, lmao. We all know how it actually works.
    the sad thing is u might say we dump some poorly done code into our stuff but in reality atleast i can tell u for the last 2 years we have actually upped the anti from coding from scratch a whole new combat system to client improvements to much more if u think its just advertising your wrong it is a big percentage of it but not fully it we do have a lot of good content and ye i do agree with u on how other people do it but i can tell u one thing for sure we always strive for improvements and the sad thing is little amount of people realize that in this scene that its not just adving and dumping in some code its more than that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Registered Member
    Vippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,514
    Thanks given
    922
    Thanks received
    1,146
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwned901 View Post
    the sad thing is u might say we dump some poorly done code into our stuff but in reality atleast i can tell u for the last 2 years we have actually upped the anti from coding from scratch a whole new combat system to client improvements to much more if u think its just advertising your wrong it is a big percentage of it but not fully it we do have a lot of good content and ye i do agree with u on how other people do it but i can tell u one thing for sure we always strive for improvements and the sad thing is little amount of people realize that in this scene that its not just adving and dumping in some code its more than that.
    I really struggle to read and understand what you attempt to type
    Reply With Quote  
     


  5. #25  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    159
    Thanks given
    115
    Thanks received
    108
    Rep Power
    5000
    hiii!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Dawntained makes it rain.

    Mgt Madness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,294
    Thanks given
    1,354
    Thanks received
    873
    Rep Power
    1588
    For everyone 100 players dreamscape has online, they get 1.4k in donations daily. Can confirm, i hacked into owner's dreams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    rip melania <3

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,450
    Thanks given
    2,186
    Thanks received
    568
    Rep Power
    4786
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwned901 View Post
    cmn bro stop posting shit about it its stupid its leaked and ur just trying to gain publicity at this point lol



    wait what u think dreamscape is just a horribly programmed well our base is but our over all code is good and please stop thinking that we just leech shit ive been making them the most custom stuff in this scene when u can reach that level u can start complaining ur ass off not to mention our minigames and how we do things u have no clue about it and ur talking..
    I found several dupes on Dreamscape and made about 80k in a few months lmao you ain't as good as you think you are sweetie
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,085
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    936
    Rep Power
    3212
    wtf hackerman!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. Thankful user:


  10. #29  
    Registered Member Grant_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    445
    Thanks given
    88
    Thanks received
    92
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Thakiller View Post
    Lmao what? "Our overall code is good" what does that even mean? What is "overall code"? Dreamscape is just another dime a dozen RSPS that happened to fund more into advertising thus achieving a higher playerbase. You aren't unique, you aren't special nor extraordinarily talented developers, you guys are advertisers of generic content, lmfao. You're just a shittier, less popular version of Soulsplit, Ikov, and Elkoy or whatever the latest shtick is.

    I do have a clue, cause I've spent 12.5 years in this community. You guys are nothing unique, you just capitalized on advertising. People think coding these extravagant minigames and bosses and all these flashy things is what gets them players but it's just simply not how it works nor has it worked that way since pre-2010 RSPS. You can lie and tell me you guys did all this and programmed all that but let's accept the reality - you guys scraped together a bunch of poorly made minigames/quests/bosses/whatever seems catchy to RSPS players, diarrhea'd them out onto your game, pretended they were a viable selling point while you guys ran around dumping money into ads to *actually* get some players. I'm sure they're of decent and at least passable quality, but what Dreamscape has is nothing special.

    I mean it's pretty obvious Dreamscape made nowhere in the vicinity of anywhere remotely close on any measurable scale to $13 million, but anybody with a brainstem and.. $500? maybe? in initial investment into advertisements can slap up a server and snowball a large playerbase thus turning a profit. It's not rocket science, people are just that dumb. And I'm not knocking you guys for that, I'm genuinely surprised this community is stupid enough to dump money into such poor overall content; but pretending that you guys are something special is pitiful, lmao. We all know how it actually works.
    I believe that some of your points are valid. I think others are quite un-true though and come from a very biased view on custom servers and DreamScape itself. The only reason I've decided to make this reply is because the validity of the programming and content was brought into conversation, which directly affects me. Coming from an outsiders stand point seeing an inflated server economy with all sorts of customs turns a lot of people away. It's immediately labeled as a trash server that was thrown together overnight.

    I've worked as one of the primary developers alongside @dragonkk(Alex) for over 2 years now. Him and I have seen countless programmers come in and out, we've watched their code and seen how DreamScape gets this rep. To be quite honest some of it so such PI scrambled egg garbage that Alex and I don't bother to refractor it (not to say that we haven't tasked ourselves with refractoring a lot of it). HOWEVER, the content that is put out is not sub-par. Although it may not be your average 100% RS Content update that most non-custom servers push out, that does not discredit the work put put into development of our content updates. I agree, advertisement is a MASSIVE KEY to player growth, and continues to do so. I experience this first hand when running Rigour. This being said, we also continue to push out consist content packed updates that appeal to the crowd that plays DreamScape. Yes, it may not be the cutting edge pushing the RSPS development scene to its limits as we see with Apollo's plugin system, or RS Mod's Kotlin and co-rountines. We may not be replicating OSRS to a T as Alora does. But that doesn't discredit the content that comes in our updates and the backend work that has come to make DreamScape a stable server for all the years its run. You may not like the "Blackjack table" or "lottery" systems that usually come in updates. But they aren't simple systems. And they are unique. How many servers have an entire custom prayer system, or a legitimate roulette and black jack tables. They take time and testing. And the code that Alex and I write isn't spaghetti. It's all done from scratch. No rune-server snippets or tutorial copy paste crap that is thought to be the "DreamScape" norm. (Granted there are PLENTY of examples of this through DS from the vast amount of previous developers). They pay well to have solid developers work for them, if not one of THE top paying RSPS in terms of development pay. And not all of our updates are this "trash custom gambling content" stuff people associate. We have TOB, we have a entire custom prayer system, we've completely overhauled our combat system from the awful PI standard to an entity based system and fully functioning farming. If you visit the website and scroll through the updates page you might find some interesting content updates. Am I saying we always push out these kind of updates? Absolutely not. The majority of the players enjoy gambling and custom style updates.

    You also must keep in mind @Pwned901 is a modeler, I think his hearts in the right place but he doesn't write any of the content for DreamScape.

    I'm not posting this to change your mind about how you perceive DreamScape. I'm not posting this as an attack on your view or you yourself, its shared by honestly thousands of people probably lol. People dislike it. Lots of people have their own quarrels with Chuck. If that's your thing, you do you. I just want to try and open your mind a bit to the fact that DreamScape, behind all the custom item donations, has some really stable content and can push it out on a consistent basis. An attempt to bring your attention to some of the non-norm unique content that we create. And some attention to the stability of the server.

    OT: I have no idea how much DS makes, that doesn't really concern me. They pay really well, and take care of their developers. Those are two important keys to me, and has kept me happy to develop content for them for all this time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #30  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,222
    Thanks given
    104
    Thanks received
    801
    Rep Power
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by woof woof bish View Post
    I found several dupes on Dreamscape and made about 80k in a few months lmao you ain't as good as you think you are sweetie
    Can confirm this is bs. In fact there hasn't been any dupe for a long time, except for one issue which was caused by an update 3 months ago and fixed not even a week later plus not abused by any player. We have a lot of logs serversided and interfaces for staff to manage logs and also limitations in terms of money and tools to check every acc net worth etc so that if this were to happen we'd find out right away. The source may be messy due to a lot of older content but it's fully backwards compatible and runs stable. That's why you see quite a few deprecated methods. Our goal whole time was to focus to focus on production instead of moving backwards.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-2016, 10:52 PM
  2. Mario Sig TuT Made by CrazyDragon
    By Bl00dr4g3 in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
  3. Rate My Sig First One I Eva Made
    By *Mikey* in forum Showcase
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 12:48 PM
  4. Bored, so I made this:
    By Afro in forum Showcase
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 03:00 AM
  5. Old Signature I made
    By $anta in forum Showcase
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •