Thread: Another server trailer edit

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 Another server trailer edit 
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    sILLy gOOSe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,156
    Thanks given
    1,231
    Thanks received
    2,128
    Rep Power
    5000
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Trailer I've done now which was pretty fun to work on, realized the "Pets" show off in the video was a little to long though.

    Previous edit here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Spoiler for Come under my wing:

    Spoiler for sb lol!:




    Oldschool Runescape progress thread is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    AutoScape Developer

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    865
    Thanks given
    1
    Thanks received
    78
    Rep Power
    62
    Looks good, but indeed the pets show-off was a little too long.

    Discord: Not Alex #0001

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. Thankful users:


  4. #3  
    Extreme Member


    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    50
    Posts
    913
    Thanks given
    448
    Thanks received
    388
    Rep Power
    4616
    speed up the video to make it more action packed in less time, you could even go as far as speeding up and slowing down certain parts to add some change in pace. Nice work other than that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. Thankful user:


  6. #4  
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    sILLy gOOSe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,156
    Thanks given
    1,231
    Thanks received
    2,128
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells Fargo View Post
    speed up the video to make it more action packed in less time, you could even go as far as speeding up and slowing down certain parts to add some change in pace. Nice work other than that.
    Well aside from the pet show-off being too long, the customer did request a 2 minute video even though I talked him into making it shorter. Wish I caught that mistake of those clips being too fast for the pets segment, but it's too late now in a sense due to all the editing being done by the music and time consuming to make some changes at this point. I've always been a fan of 1:00 - 1:30 videos for like a trailer.

    Spoiler for Come under my wing:

    Spoiler for sb lol!:




    Oldschool Runescape progress thread is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #5  
    Extreme Member


    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    50
    Posts
    913
    Thanks given
    448
    Thanks received
    388
    Rep Power
    4616
    Quote Originally Posted by SILLY goose View Post
    Well aside from the pet show-off being too long, the customer did request a 2 minute video even though I talked him into making it shorter. Wish I caught that mistake of those clips being too fast for the pets segment, but it's too late now in a sense due to all the editing being done by the music and time consuming to make some changes at this point. I've always been a fan of 1:00 - 1:30 videos for like a trailer.
    I see, I didn't know the customer wanted it to be so long.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. Thankful user:


  9. #6  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,249
    Thanks given
    646
    Thanks received
    656
    Rep Power
    882
    Looks alright. My only problem with this video is that it is somewhat boring. I'm a bit too tired atm to make a long post, but it needs more intensity. Most trailers tend to achieve that by having an action/fast-paced soundtrack and rapid movements. One trick I learned when I was making RSMVs is that you can have one scene from multiple angles repeat itself. It looks much better than just having one very long clip from one scene where your character is just AFK in combat or skilling. Superkickabout does it as well, and he does it very often. E.g. when you show a boss you show your character running up to it, then fighting it, then showcase boss special attack and then finally you defeating it. Here is one example;
    Spoiler for Angle "Manipulation":
    0:02 - 0:05
    0:28 - 0:34


    Also, try experimenting. You have the same song and the somewhat the same type of editing (at least the colors) as your last trailer edit. Go outside of your box, explore and innovate. Doesn't have to be trailers or promos, but find a medium you enjoy and try editing in it in various ways. It'll bring up your editing by so damn much. Just give it a try, or keep at it if you've already tested!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. Thankful users:


  11. #7  
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    sILLy gOOSe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,156
    Thanks given
    1,231
    Thanks received
    2,128
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverNova View Post
    Looks alright. My only problem with this video is that it is somewhat boring. I'm a bit too tired atm to make a long post, but it needs more intensity. Most trailers tend to achieve that by having an action/fast-paced soundtrack and rapid movements. One trick I learned when I was making RSMVs is that you can have one scene from multiple angles repeat itself. It looks much better than just having one very long clip from one scene where your character is just AFK in combat or skilling. Superkickabout does it as well, and he does it very often. E.g. when you show a boss you show your character running up to it, then fighting it, then showcase boss special attack and then finally you defeating it. Here is one example;
    Spoiler for Angle "Manipulation":
    0:02 - 0:05
    0:28 - 0:34


    Also, try experimenting. You have the same song and the somewhat the same type of editing (at least the colors) as your last trailer edit. Go outside of your box, explore and innovate. Doesn't have to be trailers or promos, but find a medium you enjoy and try editing in it in various ways. It'll bring up your editing by so damn much. Just give it a try, or keep at it if you've already tested!
    I'll definitely try experimenting with different angles and such when showing off server content, it wouldn't have been as boring if I wasn't told to make it around this long and to exclude the pvp content or else it would've been more fast paced. As for the editing style and same song, the customers requested me to make a trailer for his server much like the one I did for venomite. I shouldn't have used the same song but venomite also never made it online sadly, so I went ahead and reused it.

    I'm trying to do a different editing style than you and superkickabout with some unique stuff, just so I was different from you guys like sure I can do a lot of those edits but I like the dark style editing and it's something different. Now if a customer requested something like what you guys do then I would most definitely go with it. For future customers that don't though then I'll change up my style, just figured at the time I'd be seen as someone who is leeching ideas of you guys which is what I didn't want to be portrayed as

    Again though I'll definitely get more creative though with my shots for video trailers and be more upfront with customers on what's right which my customer did agree with my suggestions but was also already too late in the making, which explains a boring clip for showing off the pets (which imo ruined the video) and no pvp content being included upon request

    Spoiler for Come under my wing:

    Spoiler for sb lol!:




    Oldschool Runescape progress thread is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. Thankful user:



Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Server Trailer
    By Blair' in forum Show-off
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 05:46 PM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:51 PM
  3. Old Rune-Server Rank Edit
    By RuneTrip in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM
  4. Should I make another server
    By Fire in forum RS2 Server
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 04:02 AM
  5. Is there another server like...
    By 0utl4w in forum RS2 Server
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •