Thread: Dragon's Domain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Dragon's Domain 
    Registered Member
    Stratified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,191
    Thanks given
    1,480
    Thanks received
    220
    Rep Power
    522


    I spent several hours on this so hopefully it doesn't look easy. I'm a beginner at digital painting so I am quite happy with the result.
    Shout out to Wave for giving me some advice on direction.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. Thankful user:


  3. #2  
    I need some more coffee

    Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,110
    Thanks given
    2,403
    Thanks received
    2,819
    Rep Power
    4568
    I don't understand anything about art but this is beautiful.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. Thankful users:


  5. #3  
    yes i am a furry


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,648
    Thanks given
    1,732
    Thanks received
    1,777
    Rep Power
    5000
    looks like a good dragon


    Quote Originally Posted by DownGrade View Post
    Don't let these no life creeps get to you, its always the same on here. They'd rather spend hours upon hours in the rune-server spam section then getting laid! ha ha!
    Its honestly pathetic i haven't seen so many lowlifes in my life its actually insane i wish that this section would just vanish its probably the only way to get these people out of the community...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. Thankful users:


  7. #4  
    Registered Member
    Wave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    133
    Thanks given
    93
    Thanks received
    105
    Rep Power
    221
    Keep up the work mi amigo, looks nice as I had mentioned on discord.
    Good stuff
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. Thankful user:


  9. #5  

    trash


    mikan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    706
    Thanks given
    498
    Thanks received
    416
    Rep Power
    2200
    i especially love what u did with the sky =]

    Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    looks like a good dragon
    🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴THIS IS THE HORNY POLICE🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴

    YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR A CLASS D HORNY FELONY. DO NOT REIST ARREST OR YOUR PENIS AND/OR VAGINA WILL BE FORCIBLY REMOVED FROM YOU.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. Thankful user:


  11. #6  
    48 0x69

    Pax M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks given
    36
    Thanks received
    373
    Rep Power
    901
    damn took 15sec to load this page, this is def great.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. Thankful user:


  13. #7  
    Registered Member
    Authentic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks given
    920
    Thanks received
    473
    Rep Power
    621
    I like everything apart from the Dragon itself tbh. It just doesn't blend well with the rest of the design - whether its the lack of depth and/or detail - it just doesn't feel a part of the overall design. You've added light and shadows to practically everything besides the dragon itself, or atleast not enough for it make the dragon to stand out. It's also kind of hard to tell what angle point I am meant to be looking at this design from. For instance, if I am looking down (which can be interpreted from the size of the trees) then i shouldn't actually be able to sell the entirety of the mountain range/dragon. If i was to look at this straight on, then the trees would be larger (unless you wanted them to be small bushes or something).

    The grass and trees are exceptional though

    that's just my two-cents though
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. Thankful user:


  15. #8  
    Registered Member
    Stratified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,191
    Thanks given
    1,480
    Thanks received
    220
    Rep Power
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I don't understand anything about art but this is beautiful.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    looks like a good dragon
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Keep up the work mi amigo, looks nice as I had mentioned on discord.
    Good stuff
    Will do. Thanks a lot for your help, mate, I greatly appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikan View Post
    i especially love what u did with the sky =]
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax M View Post
    damn took 15sec to load this page, this is def great.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    I like everything apart from the Dragon itself tbh. It just doesn't blend well with the rest of the design - whether its the lack of depth and/or detail - it just doesn't feel a part of the overall design. You've added light and shadows to practically everything besides the dragon itself, or atleast not enough for it make the dragon to stand out. It's also kind of hard to tell what angle point I am meant to be looking at this design from. For instance, if I am looking down (which can be interpreted from the size of the trees) then i shouldn't actually be able to sell the entirety of the mountain range/dragon. If i was to look at this straight on, then the trees would be larger (unless you wanted them to be small bushes or something).

    The grass and trees are exceptional though

    that's just my two-cents though
    Yeah, the perspective on this one is a little wonky. I think it's *okay* for this one because it's kinda wacky and cartoony, but it's definitely something I have to keep in mind before designing a more realistic piece. Your input is very helpful, and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. Thankful user:


  17. #9  
    🎶 As you're falling down 🎶

    uint32_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,311
    Thanks given
    5,255
    Thanks received
    661
    Rep Power
    3387
    Looks cool, nice job. I really like how colourful it is.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Bird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    lol np mate looks like the community brought ur rep down to ur IQ
    Not too sure about that, it's at 0 . It would have to go minus to even be remotely close to his IQ.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. Thankful user:


  19. #10  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    33
    Thanks given
    1
    Thanks received
    7
    Rep Power
    51
    ignore authentic he's a bellend I really like it though!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


User Tag List

Similar Threads

  1. adding a basic dragon plate+ pick axe
    By Scottyz in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 12:35 AM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 10:00 PM
  3. Dragon Fire Shield!
    By Ferret in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 11:26 PM
  4. Dragon hat wizard type helm thingy?
    By haz425 in forum Showcase
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •