Thread: Kid trying to RAT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Kid trying to RAT. 
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Discord
    View profile
    Hello Rune-Server, Beware of any users under the name Bear, his Rune-Server account was View Profile: Bear_ - Rune-Server

He has recently sent me a message on Skype, saying that he started the server back up ( Which is the one I use to code with him )

His skype name is BearIsFurious *NOTE* ( I don't know if its the real Bear, as he got that account "hacked" along time ago, and added me on a new skype, which he has not yet to reply back yet on that account ).

Im guessing he adding people from Rune-Server and giving them a jar that is obviously infected with a RAT.

Click the image to back it bigger.

fc46c3c72043435d879e5aeb056b1b6b.png

Just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of this "user".

Sorry Thakiller if this is the wrong section.

Extreme Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Discord
    View profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Remi View Post
    Hello Rune-Server, Beware of any users under the name Bear, his Rune-Server account was View Profile: Bear_ - Rune-Server

He has recently sent me a message on Skype, saying that he started the server back up ( Which is the one I use to code with him )

His skype name is BearIsFurious *NOTE* ( I don't know if its the real Bear, as he got that account "hacked" along time ago, and added me on a new skype, which he has not yet to reply back yet on that account ).

Im guessing he adding people from Rune-Server and giving them a jar that is obviously infected with a RAT.

Click the image to back it bigger.

fc46c3c72043435d879e5aeb056b1b6b.png

Just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of this "user".

Sorry Thakiller if this is the wrong section.
    I see he's banned already, next time use : https://www.rune-server.ee/site/acc...eport-members/

OS-Saradomin Founder & Developer

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Sent me the same message, beware of him.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Discord
    View profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Swek View Post
    I see he's banned already, next time use : https://www.rune-server.ee/site/acc...eport-members/
    I realised he was already banned. But that does not mean he still cannot add people on skype, and send them a message.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    If you accept jar files via Skype from anyone (even trusted friends) then you are stupid.

But the jar file itself will not rat your computer unless you open it so I suggest using VirusTotal before or having a good Anti Virus to detect shit like this

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Discord
    View profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious317 View Post
    If you accept jar files via Skype from anyone (even trusted friends) then you are stupid.

But the jar file itself will not rat your computer unless you open it so I suggest using VirusTotal before or having a good Anti Virus to detect shit like this
    Anti virus is not going to find shit in .class files, lol.

As far as I know, the jar contains code, that downloads and execute a executable file, which is the rat and not the jar itself, lol.

Spoiler for Spoilers!:

7. Thankful user:

Thanks given
    Thanks received

"even trusted friends then you are stupid" stop trying to act like you know something, MrIPayDevsToCreateMyServerAndGainNoMoneyBack (who is truly stupid now) 'Jrats' (is what theyre called) can even be opened next time you start your computer, even if you downloaded it a day before hell even an external program can be downloaded that will run upon startup and open the jar but its not used most of the time and like bird said.. the jar could run the actual rat (which would be a different file) but then you'd have to be really gullible to download a jar and another program that you have no idea about unless of course the jar itself downloads the program from like dropbox automatically and Gl finding with VirusTotal lmfao...

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Bird View Post
    Anti virus is not going to find shit in .class files, lol.

As far as I know, the jar contains code, that downloads and execute a executable file, which is the rat and not the jar itself, lol.
    exactly and actually i think avg does a good job searching through .class files (unless it only searched for .java files idr) but i never seen it catch a rat so i wouldn't know if it'll help.

just decompile the jar with cfr or somthing.

Rune-Server Affiliate
    Thanks given
    Thanks received

That doesn't fully protect you unfortunately.

10. Thankful user:

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    It was a hacked Skype, user was banned before that on R-S for flaming not for hacking, this guy made heaps of money off this a couple months ago, probably around $500-$1k

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by hxze View Post
    It was a hacked Skype, user was banned before that on R-S for flaming not for hacking, this guy made heaps of money off this a couple months ago, probably around $500-$1k
    that's not heaps but pretty ridiculous for the little bit of work needed i guess.

13. Thankful user:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information